Register your email address for our newsletter
What will I find on the Extractives Hub?
Who funds the Extractives Hub?
The Extractives Hub Programme Reference Group
Petroleum Licensing and Contracting
National Oil Companies (NOCs)
Petroleum Industry Overview
Petroleum Legislation and Regulations
Jump to chapters >
1. Encouraging exploration and production
2. Confidentiality of data gathered under exploration and production contracts
3. Areas of potential conflicts between national law and international law
4. Model clauses and standardisation
5. Types of upstream petroleum contracts with the State
6. Agreements between petroleum companies
7. Contracts versus licences
8. Overview of contract types
9. Data ownership and confidentiality
11. Award procedures
12. Criteria for awards
13. Prioritisation and timing of awards
14. Procedure for allocating awards
15. Success criteria
16. Industry view
17. Conclusion - Key points for policy-makers
18. Conclusion – Mitigating risks in the licensing process
19. Conclusion – Essential tools in the policy process
20. Recent awards
21. Good practice examples
Continue to Resource Page
This action requires you to be logged in. Please login below.
If you are not already a member, please register to receive these benefits.
Access to personalised support, including research and expert advice free of charge
Free subscription to The Extract, a bi-monthly bulletin, as well as receive resources tailored to your interests
Access to My Dashboard, your personal page offering services, such as saving resources and contacting peers
Forgot Your Password?
Reset Account Password
Please enter your email address to reset your password