1. Guidelines for Good Governance in Emerging Oil and Gas Producers (2016) by Chatham house
The Guidelines focus on eight key objectives for the petroleum sector in emerging producing countries and include policy-oriented recommendations for each objective.
2. Guide to Extractive Industries Documents (Oil and Gas) by the World Bank Institute
A free book explaining key terms in oil and gas documents.
Explanation of the key questions which need to be asked related to a host country’s Legal Environment when a government is embarking on an infrastructure programme or project.
4. Oil Contracts – How to Read and Understand them by Open Oil
A free book, which explains how to read the contracts which govern the extractives industry.
5. The ABCs of Petroleum Contracts: License-Concession Agreements, Joint Ventures and Production Sharing Agreements by Internews and Open Oil
Detailed examination of the differences and similarities between different types of contracts that the governments of resource-rich countries can make with international and national oil companies.
Barrows Company is a comprehensive international reference library for oil, gas, and mineral laws and contracts, serving the Petroleum industry for over 50 years. The Barrows Basic Oil Laws & Concession Contracts library contains the complete texts of petroleum laws and contracts, which includes National Oil Company Statutes and LNG Contracts. Barrows Mining Legislation contains the texts of mining laws in all countries.
7. Oil & Gas Regulation 2017 (Website) hosted by International Comparative Law Guides
Oil & Gas Regulation covers common issues in oil and gas laws and regulations – including development of oil and natural gas, import/export of natural gas, LNG, import/export of oil, transportation, transmission and distribution and foreign investment – in 29 jurisdictions.
Oil Patch Laws is an online database of global oil and gas rules, regulations, and legislation which covers 186 countries.