Register your email address for our newsletter
What will I find on the Extractives Hub?
Who funds the Extractives Hub?
The Extractives Hub Programme Reference Group
Collaborate with us
Mining Production Activities
Jump to chapters >
1. Types of mining processes
2. When open pit mining would be used
3. The advantages of open pit mining
4. Disadvantages of open pit mining
5. Combining open pit & underground mining
6. Stripping ratio
7. Managing the slope of the pit
8. Pit optimisation
9. Management and safe operating of open pit mines
10. Specialised surface mining techniques
11. What is underground mining?
12. Accessing underground ore bodies
13. The stoping method of mining
14. The cut and fill method
15. Caving methods
16. Underground mine service installations
Continue to Resource Page
This action requires you to be logged in. Please login below.
If you are not already a member, please register to receive these benefits.
Access to personalised support, including research and expert advice free of charge
Free subscription to The Extract, a bi-monthly bulletin, as well as receive resources tailored to your interests
Access to My Dashboard, your personal page offering services, such as saving resources and contacting peers
Forgot Your Password?
Reset Account Password
Please enter your email address to reset your password